About The Program
The Level 3 Senior Healthcare Support Worker programme helps individuals improve the overall health and well-being of society by providing quality healthcare with seniority–level expertise.
Senior healthcare support workers help registered practitioners deliver healthcare services to people.
As a Senior Healthcare support worker, your job is to:
- Help registered practitioners in delivering quality healthcare services
- Perform a range of clinical and non-clinical healthcare or therapeutic tasks under the supervision of a registered healthcare practitioner
- Deliver quality and compassion-led healthcare and do so while following standards, policies or protocols.
- Your duties can apply to various healthcare institutes like the hospital, community health, or daycare unit, birth center or midwifery-led unit, patient’s home, operation theatre, nursing care home, assessment center, schools, prison, GP surgery, charity or voluntary organization
- You have to work individually as well as collaboratively with individuals, families, careers, and other service providers.
As a Senior Healthcare support worker, you have greater areas of duties and a larger role in making decisions and taking charge of your duties yourself. Your superior will review your account and you’re expected to be an experienced healthcare worker who demonstrates best practices and acts as a role model to others. You may also need to supervise or guide the less experienced staff in your team and follow all guidelines set by the Code of Conduct for Healthcare Support Workers and Adult Social Care Workers.
- Adult nursing support
- Maternity support
- Theatre support
- Mental health support
- Children and young people support
- Allied health profession – therapy support
The apprenticeship will typically take 18-24 months to complete.
This apprenticeship standard is at Level 3.
ENGLISH AND MATHS
Apprentices without level 2 English and math’s will need to achieve this level prior to taking the End-Point Assessment. For those with an education, health and care plan or a legacy statement, the apprenticeship’s English and math’s minimum requirement is Entry Level 3. A British Sign Language (BSL) qualification is an alternative to the English qualification for those whose primary language is BSL.
Other Mandatory Qualifications
Level 3 Diploma in Healthcare Support
The apprentice must complete an induction that meets the 15 standards in the Care Certificate.
Give a comment