Degree Awarding Body
ATHE and University of Bolton
Accredited Ofqual Regulated
18 months minimum
£5000 with Free Laptop
The Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management is an MBA Advanced Entry course, which provides learners with 120 credits of the 180 credits required to achieve a complete MBA.
The ATHE Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management qualification provides much of the underpinning knowledge and understanding for the National Occupational Standards in Management and Leadership and is recognised by the University of Bolton, for progression to their MBA Top-Up. Learners must complete 8 mandatory units worth 120 credits to achieve the ATHE Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management.
All modules have an additional 30-50 learning hours of optional materials that comprise of recommended exercises, recommended readings, Internet resources, and self-testing exercises. You will also have access to 24/7 support, tutoring, and a variety of other support mechanisms.
Assessment at LCMT is a very straightforward process:
- After you have completed an online module, you will have an online assessment to complete. This assessment contains 30 multiple-choice questions. You will have one hour to complete these questions which are answered in sets of five so you will have plenty of time to review and edit your answers. After an hour the test will automatically time out.
- After you have completed the test, your results will be displayed immediately. If you have passed, you will receive a Certificate of Completion. If you didn’t pass, you will receive a notification of a “refer’’ where you will be told how to retake a module assessment. You can complete these modules at your own pace, as there is no deadline to complete the course.
- When the online modules have been successfully completed, you will then be able to take the final written assignments, provided by LCMT, that test your knowledge and understanding of the modules. After successful completion of these eight assignments, you will receive your Diploma (from the Awarding Organisation).
- You will then be eligible to apply for progression onto a Top up course through a recognised UK university on campus or by distance learning.
To enrol onto the Level 7 programme, you must be either
a) A first degree in business, management, or related subject or
b) A level 6 qualification, for example, an ATHE Level 6 Diploma in Management
c) A non-university graduate with at least five years of managerial experience.
- All course material, including online modules and written assignments
- Registration fees for MBA Top up with University of Bolton
- Personal tutor support with 1-2-1 interactive sessions
- Dedicated student support
- Access to an online social learning forum
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE NUS Extra card worth £19.90
- Free Laptop
- Free CV writing help on completion of the course
- Strategic Planning
- Finance for Strategic Managers
- Research for Strategic Development
- Organizational Behavior
- Personal Development for Leadership and Strategic Management
- International Business Environment
- Developing Organisational Vision and Strategic Direction
- International Finance
- Quantitative Methods
- Strategic Marketing
- International Marketing
- Corporate Communication Strategies
- Strategic Human Resource Management
- Managing Continuous Organisational Improvement
Any 3 Units
Any 3 Units:
International Business Environment
Managing Continuous Organisational Improvement
The aim of this unit is to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills necessary to develop an organisational strategic plan
Finance for Strategic Managers
The learners will develop knowledge, understanding and skills that will enable them to analyse internal and publicly available financial information. This will help to inform strategic decision making.
Research for Strategic Development
The aim of this unit is to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills required to carry out research to meet the needs of strategic business management.
The aim of this unit is to help learners develop an understanding of how organisational behaviour, structure, culture, motivation, creativity and leadership impact on an organisation’s effectiveness and efficiency.
Personal Development for Leadership and Strategic Management
This unit aims to help learners develop their own personal leadership and management skills in the context of the creation and achievement of organisational vision and strategic direction.
International Business Environment
The unit will enable learners to explore the changing international business environment and develop knowledge and understanding of how organisations respond.
Developing Organisational Vision and Strategic Direction
To enable learners to improve their knowledge and understanding of how organisations develop vision and strategic direction. The unit may be of particular interest for learners aiming for leadership roles in either private or public sector organisations.
To enable learners to gain an understanding of the role of an international corporate financial manager. The unit will allow learners to consider the importance of International Accounting Standards and the international financial environment for decision making within businesses and organisations. Particular attention is paid to analysing the role of international financial markets in creating opportunities and risks for organisations, especially those operating in a multinational context. Learners will gain experience in assessing strategic options and making appropriate recommendations.
This unit will enable learners to further develop understanding and skills in the application of quantitative methods appropriate to support decision-taking in organisations.
This unit enables learners to develop knowledge and understanding of marketing at a strategic level and how this is applied in practice including developing a marketing strategy.
This unit enables learners to understand the requirements of international marketing, in particular, the financial considerations to be taken into account in entering and operating in international markets. Learners will also be able to develop an international marketing strategy and understand the implications and requirements of international marketing communications
Corporate Communication Strategies
This unit will enable learners to develop knowledge and understanding of the importance of corporate communications and the link with corporate objectives. Learners will have the opportunity to develop skills in auditing corporate communications and planning a corporate communication strategy.
Strategic Human Resource Management
The aim of this unit is to help learners acquire knowledge and understanding of human resource management strategy and its impact on the efficiency of an organisation.
Managing Continuous Organisational Improvement
To enable learners to develop the knowledge, understanding and skills required to create a culture of continuous improvement in an organisation. The learners will have the opportunity to develop the skills required to plan organisational change.
The ATHE Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management Course has 30 modules and 8 written assignments. On completion of the modules, students will be given access to the assignments. The assignments are approximately 5,000-8,000 words each. Students are provided support on the modules and assignments via the ‘Tutor’ section of the learning platform.
The Assignment unit titles for the level 7 course are:
- Strategic marketing
- Personal development for leadership and strategic management
- Organisational behaviour
- Strategic planning
- Research for strategic development
- Finance for strategic managers
- Strategic human resource management
- Corporate communication strategies
More information about the Level 7 units can be found here https://athe.co.uk/level-7-management-qualifications/
Upon successful completion of this Postgraduate Diploma in Strategic Management learners will have the skills to execute a professional managerial role in marketing, accounting, business consultancy, and more.
Level 7 Diploma in Strategic Management and MBA develop key cognitive skills such as critical thinking, analysis, evaluation, and writing while also establishing presentation and numeracy skills to enhance knowledge and experience. These skills are critical in helping you advance your career.
On successful completion of the ATHE Level 7 Extended Diploma in Strategic Management, there are several progression opportunities. Learners may have the opportunity to progress to the MBA top-up from the University of Bolton.
University of Bolton MBA Top-up
A Master of Business Administration (MBA) Top-Up qualification provides an opportunity to move your career forward. The program explores how to tackle large-scale, strategic business challenges, giving you the opportunity to grow as a leader in almost any field.
The MBA Top-up is a full-time career development program for those with previous management experience which focuses on developing the strategic thinking skills needed in today’s global economy. Critical knowledge of organizations and their management, creative and systematic approaches to understanding business issues and developing knowledge of improving business and management practice are also part of this course.
The MBA top up course will assist you in gaining a critical understanding of the problems and challenges facing enterprises and organizations and equip you with the analytical and critical faculties to identify potential solutions. These qualities are sought by prestigious employers.
You must have both of the following:
- Significant work experience in a business or management capacity
and a HE Level 7 qualification with at least 120 credits (minimum) in a relevant subject (for instance, Postgraduate Diploma in Management accredited qualification awarding organizations).
- Leadership & Management
- Research Methods & Academic Skills
Two semesters (6 months minimum depending on submission of assignments and module deadlines).
Distance Learning, Full Time
September, January, May