Degree Awarding Body
Accredited Ofqual Regulated
18 months minimum
The Level 7 Diploma in Accounting and Finance is designed to meet the needs of senior/middle managers and accountants in the running of their businesses, and to facilitate their progression to higher levels within their organisation. It focuses on developing understanding, skills and abilities to equip the Learner with the awareness and aptitudes to be an effective accounting and finance manager.
Assessment at LCMT is a very straight forward process:
- After you have completed an online module, you will have an online assessment to complete. This assessment contains 30 multiple-choice questions. You will have one hour to complete these questions which are answered in sets of five so you will have plenty of time to review and edit your answers. After an hour the test will automatically time out.
- After you have completed the test, your results will be displayed immediately. If you have passed, you will receive a Certificate of Completion. If you didn’t pass, you will receive a notification of a “refer’’ where you will be told how to retake a module assessment. You can complete these modules at your own pace, as there is no deadline to complete the course.
- When the online modules have been successfully completed, you will then be able to take the final written assignments, provided by LCMT, that test your knowledge and understanding of the modules. After successful completion of these eight assignments you will receive your Diploma (from the Awarding Organisation).
- You will then be eligible to apply for progression onto a Top up course through a recognised UK university on campus or by distance learning.
These qualifications provide a flexible route for learners who have already achieved management qualifications at a lower level as well as for learners who do not have business or management qualifications, but may have qualifications in other areas and/or prior management experience in the work place.
Age: 19 +
- A first degree in business, management or related subject
- A level 6 qualification, for example an ATHE Level 6 Diploma in Management
- May also have relevant work experience
- All course material, including online modules and written assignments
- Personal tutor support with 1-2-1 interactive sessions
- Dedicated student support
- Access to an online social learning forum
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE NUS Extra card worth £19.90
- Free CV writing help on completion of the course
Corporate Reporting for Strategic Business –Advanced
The unit will ensure that students are able to examine corporate reporting from a number of perspectives, i.e. the preparer of corporate reports and from the perspective of a variety of different stakeholders such as finance providers.
Core Financial Management –Advanced
This unit develops the students understanding of key financial management knowledge and skills and prepares them to advise management and/or clients on complex strategic financial management issues facing an organisation.
Management for Strategic Performance –Advanced
The aim of this unit is to introduce students to the strategic role of management accounting as a discipline for planning and controlling business performance to ensure strategic objectives can be set, monitored and controlled. The unit covers the impact of external factors on strategic management issues, such as macro-economic, fiscal, market and environmental impacts on performance.
UK Taxation for Business and Individuals –Advanced
The aims of this unit are to ensure that students have a detailed understanding of the techniques of the key aspects of taxation. It will extend the students’ knowledge of the tax system, together with their ability to apply that knowledge to the issues commonly encountered by individuals and businesses in the UK. This knowledge will allow students to interpret and analyse the information provided and communicate the outcomes in a manner appropriate to the intended audience.
Audit and Compliance –Advanced
The aims of this unit are to ensure that students have a sound understanding of audit and assurance in practice. The unit begins with a review of the legal and regulatory environment and the need to comply with appropriate practice management techniques.
The ATHE Level 7 Diploma in Accounting & Finance Course has 5 written assignments. On completion of the modules, students will be given access to the assignments. The assignments are approximately 5,000-8,000 words each. Students are provided support on the modules and assignments via the ‘Tutor’ section of the learning platform.
By completing the ATHE Level 7 Extended Diploma in Accounting and Finance, learners are able to progress onto a Master’s top-up degrees in Accounting and finance-related subjects.
Membership of a Professional Body – the Institute of Financial Accountants (IFA)
The ATHE Level 7 Extended Diploma in Accounting and Finance can be studied as part of the progression route to gain IFA membership through the IFA Direct Programme.