Dr T Ferdous
Degree Awarding Body
Accredited Ofqual Regulated
Mode of Delivery
ATHE’s Level 7 Diploma in Healthcare Management provides the knowledge and understanding needed for those planning to or working in management in the healthcare sector, both internationally and in the UK, and includes optional units that are specifically targeted at those working in the public sector. Whilst the core knowledge and concepts of management are still applicable for a manager in the healthcare industry, there are also some specific areas where managers transferring from other industries may struggle.
Assessment at LCMT is a very straightforward process:
- After you have completed an online module, you will have an online assessment to complete. This assessment contains 30 multiple-choice questions. You will have one hour to complete these questions which are answered in sets of five so you will have plenty of time to review and edit your answers. After an hour the test will automatically time out.
- After you have completed the test, your results will be displayed immediately. If you have passed, you will receive a Certificate of Completion. If you didn’t pass, you will receive a notification of a “refer’’ where you will be told how to retake a module assessment. You can complete these modules at your own pace, as there is no deadline to complete the course.
- When the online modules have been successfully completed, you will then be able to take the final written assignments, provided by LCMT, that test your knowledge and understanding of the modules. After successful completion of these eight assignments, you will receive your Diploma (from the Awarding Organisation).
- You will then be eligible to apply for progression onto a Top up course through a recognised UK university on campus or by distance learning.
Age: 19 +
- A first degree in a healthcare related subject
- A level 6 qualification, for example an ATHE Diploma in Healthcare Management
- Their equivalent international qualifications
- All course material, including online modules and written assignments
- Personal tutor support with 1-2-1 interactive sessions
- Dedicated student support
- Access to an online social learning forum
- Assignment marking and feedback
- FREE NUS Extra card worth £19.90
- Free CV writing help on completion of the course
Level 7 Extended Diploma in Computing
- Organisational Behaviour
- Managing Finance in the Public Sector
- International Healthcare Policy
- Manage Continuous Organisational Improvement
- Developing Organisational Vision and Strategic Direction
- Research for Senior Managers
Optional Units (Any 3):
- Human Resource Management
- Project Management
- Programme Leadership
- Strategic Resource Management
- Risk Management
- Managing Stakeholder Engagement
- Corporate Communications Strategies
- Leading Organisational Equality and Diversity
- Sustainable Business Strategy
- Managing Quality and Service Delivery
The ATHE Level 7 Diploma in Healthcare Management Course has 9 written assignments. On completion of the modules, students will be given access to the assignments. The assignments are approximately 5,000-8,000 words each. Students are provided support on the modules and assignments via the ‘Tutor’ section of the learning platform.
On successful completion of the ATHE Level 7 Extended Diploma in Healthcare Management, there are several progression opportunities.
Learners may have the opportunity to progress to:
- MSc top up in Healthcare Management or a related subject.
- Membership of professional associations
- Increased employment opportunities
- Career progression and promotion