Financial Services Customer Adviser Apprenticeship – Level 2
Launch a rewarding career in the financial services sector with our Level 2 Financial Services Customer Adviser Apprenticeship at LCMT London. This programme is the perfect gateway for those embarking on their professional journey or for current employees seeking to enhance their industry-specific skills and knowledge to propel their careers forward.
Apprenticeship Overview: Designed primarily for roles within banks and building societies, financial services organisation, this apprenticeship also applies to a variety of positions across the financial services sector, including life insurance and other insurance domains.
If you’re aiming to begin or advance your career within the financial services industry, the role of a Financial Services Customer Adviser might be the perfect fit. This position places you at the forefront of customer interaction within a financial organisation, whether it’s in-branch, via phone, online, or from an operations centre. You’ll be part of a dynamic team, dedicated to listening, understanding, advising, and supporting a diverse range of customer queries.
During the Financial Services Customer Adviser Apprenticeship, you’ll cultivate the essential skills required for outstanding customer service and become proficient in handling daily financial transactions. The programme is designed to allow you to apply new skills and knowledge in real-time, providing a contextual understanding of your role. Gaining this qualification is a clear indication of your dedication to customer service excellence and will position you ideally for career progression within the financial sector.
Typical roles that this programme prepares you for include Branch Cashier, Banking Assistant, and Contact Centre Operator.
What Will You Learn?
- The integral role of banking within the wider financial services industry.
- Operation of the legal and regulatory framework in financial services and its relevance to your duties.
- Techniques for understanding and meeting customer requirements effectively.
- Building solid team relationships to achieve shared goals.
- Problem-solving within the confines of regulatory standards and company policies.
- Honing communication skills to solicit feedback and foster continual personal and professional growth.
Apprentices may engage in a range of activities such as:
- Administering accounts, resolving issues, and managing complaints.
- Acting as a branch cashier.
- Assisting customers with digital services.
- Managing customer enquiries in person, via phone, email, or post.
- Proactively contacting customers, recognising sales opportunities, and making referrals.
- Level: 2
- Duration: 12 months
- Job Examples: Customer Services
- Portfolio Development
- In-depth Industry Understanding in Financial Services
- Regulatory, Legal, and Compliance Knowledge
- Data Protection and Fraud Prevention
- Familiarity with Financial Products and Services
- Customer Service Excellence and Communication Skills
- Mastery of Systems and Processes
- Proficiency in I.T Tools and Digital Banking Solutions
Employer and Staff Commitment: Apprentices will dedicate 20% of their contracted working hours to learning, encompassing a blend of practical workplace training and academic study, including:
- Practical tasks and knowledge application within their role.
- Development sessions with Line Managers.
- Attendance at online or face-to-face courses.
- Independent research and assignment work.
- Level 2 Financial Services Customer Adviser
- Knowledge: Industry insights, compliance, products, systems
- Skills: Delivering results, customer service, teamwork, communication
- Behaviours: Upholding honesty, integrity, demonstrating flexibility, and resilience
- 5 GCSEs, including Maths and English. Those without Level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this before the end of the apprenticeship.
Career Progression: Successful completion can lead to a Level 3 Senior Financial Customer Services Adviser role, with further opportunities for advancement within the industry.
- English and Mathematics at Level 1
- End Point Assessment (EPA) including Portfolio of Evidence and Professional Discussion
For general enquiries and to begin the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Take your first step towards a flourishing career in financial services with LCMT London’s apprenticeship programme.