If you are compassionate about care then this apprenticeship programme will be the best option you chose. you will be working in health and social care sector including NHS, Private Care Homes, as an assistant practitioner.
You will gain an in-dept understanding of the critical factors that significantly influence health and ill-health. This programme prepared you to:
- Develop required knowledge, skills and behaviour that allow you to work professionally in health care sector develop clinical skills to assess, plan and implement an effective care delivery and make sound judgements about the care delivery
- Develop research and evaluation of care findings
- Develop transferable skills like problem solving and decision making, health promotion and reflective practices.
- Have a valid passport / birth certificate / resident permit and NI Number
- Must have lived in the UK and/or EU for 3 years prior to apprenticeship start date
- The apprenticeship offers substantive new skills and knowledge in your existing new role
- Must not be undertaking another apprenticeship at the same time
Teaching and learning
you will required to undertake 20% off-the-job training which will be achieved through face-to-face teaching, blending learning, group study and clinical observations in practice. your employer must provide an additional time to undertake the blended and independent learning.
- Understand safeguarding of children and young people
- Promote professional development
- Work in partnership in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- Use and develop systems that promote communication
- Champion equality, diversity and inclusion
- Develop health and safety and risk management policies, procedures and practices in health and social care or children and young people’s settings
- Manage quality in health and social care or children and young people’s setting
- Undertake a research project within services for health and social care or children and young people
- Perform and support others to perform physiological measurement
- Anatomy, physiology, health and well being
- Healthcare needs during an individual’s lifespan
- Lead practice for communication and information management in care settings
- Promote and support others to promote effective nutrition and fluid balance
- Healthcare philosophy
- Manage infection prevention and control
- Lead the assessment of and support others to assess the health and wellbeing of individuals
- Safeguarding and Protection of Vulnerable Adults
- Lead and manage a team in healthcare settings
15-24 months including End Point Assessment (EPA).
You will be assessed on a modular basis and portfolio assessment. Then you will go though the EPA which comprises of three elements:
- A multiple choice and short answer test
- An observation of practice undertaken in the workplace
- A reflective journal completed by the apprentice and an interview.